ILA MAJUMDER MEMORIAL RESEARCH GRANT for Diabetes Educator and PROF. DR. ASIT BARAN SANYAL MEMORIAL RESEARCH GRANT for Dietitian/Nutritionist
Diabetes Awareness & You (DAY) is always promoting research in the field of diabetes and related complications. We always feel that Diabetes is more than a medical issue, its a SOCIAL ISSUE and there are lot of areas, which are remains neglected till date. The paramedics like Diabetes Educators & Dietitians should engage themselves more in this field and thus DAY has announced annual ‘ILA MAJUMDER MEMORIAL RESEARCH GRANT’ for Diabetes Educator and ‘PROF. (DR.) ASIT BARAN SANYAL MEMORIAL RESEARCH GRANT’ for Dietitian/Nutritionist. Submission of application is OPEN NOW.
ELIGIBILITY, RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Two Research Grants upto Rs 30,000.00 (Thirty Thousand only) each will be given in each Financial Year starting from 2023-24 and a set of broad areas to consider for research are as follows:
- Effect of Social Myths/Stigmas in Diabetes Management (For Diabetes Educators)
- Effect of Traditional Foods of India in Diabetes Management (For Dietitians/Nutritionist)
- Eligibility for submitting the Research / Study proposals:
O Qualified Indian Diabetes Educators, Dietitians or Nutritionists can submit the application
- Any research proposal to accept for review needs to fit in the broad areas as identified above (minimum criteria for consideration)
- Any proposal will have to be submitted in prescribed format
- Duration of any proposed study (beginning of study till submission of final report) will not be more than 6 months in total
- For this year, the last date of submission of application is CLOSED FOR THIS FINANCIAL YEAR 2023-24 and winner of Research Grant will be declared later on. However, from next financial year (2024-2025), the advertisement will be given in the month of April and winners of Research Grant will be declared in DAYDEIC, organized to mark the ‘International Diabetes Educator’s Day, 5th September’.
- Committee(s) and study guidance
- A Research Grant Review Committee consisting of 5 members shall be responsible for selection of application,
- The research proposal will be reviewed by the Review Committee based on standardized evaluation criteria agreed upon – A presentation by the applicant may be organized if deemed necessary,
- Proposal review will have a subjective as well as objective approach. The proposal scoring highest points based on the transparent scoring criteria set up will be Grant winner,
- For any grant given, one of the doctors in the Executive Committee of DAY could be the ‘Research Guide’ for the proposed study,
- At the end of the study, the findings will have to be presented to the same review committee for acceptance,
- As part of acceptance process, DAY will need to put a system in place to check for any plagiarism.
- Grant periodicity, amount & funding process
- Grant will be on a yearly basis
- Release of grant money shall be in tranches – initial / advance (as 1st tranche 10-15 % ) followed by two or three further tranches based on implementation timeline and utilization details shared
- Final tranche will be released only on acceptance of study report / paper by the Review Committee of DAY
- There will be an agreement between DAY and the Research Grant winners for maintaining transparency.
- Study / paper publication
- The study team can publish in any journal of its choice only after acceptance by Review Committee of DAY
- DAY shall reserve the right to also get the study published in any journal of its choice after intimating the concerned study team about the same
GUIDELINES FOR GRANT APPLICATION:
Following should be included in proposal / application
- Coversheet (1 page)
- Title of proposed project / study
- Name of applicant(s)
- Nationality, Qualification, Job title, position or affiliation, name of institution organization, and business (Self attested documents to be submitted and verification of documents will be done before finalization of Grant)
- E-mail address and phone number of applicant(s)
- Subject area that best describes the focus of the proposal in line with broad areas applicable for grant
- Concept Note (1 page)
- Research Plan / Narrative (maximum 10 pages)
- Background and significance
- Aims and objectives
- Methodology (Type & design setting; Study period; Study population and sampling; Study questionnaire; Study tools & techniques; Plan of data analysis and Ethical considerations etc.)
- Strength & limitations
- Proposed budget (Resources required)
- Any other point/s to be mentioned for the proposed research/study
Appropriate appendices that support the proposed study may be included and should be no more than 10 pages long. Applicants may wish to attach an optional selected bibliography (upto2 pages), of scholarly or other works, other than the applicant’s own, that place the project in its intellectual framework.
PLEASE SEND YOUR QUERY, IF ANY, AND SUBMIT THE APPLICATION: email@example.com
SUBMISSION OF THE RESEARCH PROPOSAL IS CLOSED FOR THE FINANCIAL YEAR 2023-24.